The National Parks will begin selling the 2019 collectible decals for their Passport Book in January. Since 1986, this popular program has provided a fun way for visitors to learn about our National Parks. So, I was surprised the 11 national park system (NPS) areas that will be highlighted in the 2019 series have not been announced.
I’ve enthusiastically collected these decals and cancellation stamps for several years, and have a complete set from 1986 to 2018. So, I can tell which NPS areas do not have a unique decal for the Passport Books. For what it’s worth, below are my top 5 choices for the 2019 decals:
- Cape Hatteras National Seashore in Manteo, NC
- Mississippi National River and Recreation Area in St. Paul, MN
- New Orleans Jazz National Historic Park in New Orleans, LA
- Rio Grande Wild Scenic River in Big Bend National Park, TX
- Thomas Edison National Historic Park in West Orange, NJ
What NPS areas would you recommend?